November 20, 2012

Pre-Ordering for 'Gimme Pancakes' T-Shirts and 'Round Things' Totes Coming Soon, With Discount (Maybe)

20121120-roboppy-preorder-maigo.jpg
Head to Maigocute.com for more info.

My doodles are leaping off the Internet and onto your baby! Or your torso! Or your bag of whatever you put in bags!

Yes! It's called clothes and tote bags, everyone's first foray into the world of "printing your stuff on stuff that isn't paper." Thanks to Christine, my former Serious Eats coworker and current awesome friend (people love Christine so much that they cry when she's not around—truth) and newly christened owner of online shop-of-awesome-Japanese-ish-things Maigo, she's getting Gimme Pancake T-shirts and onesies (if you don't know what that bunny is, head here) and Round Things tote bags printed for the holidays!

20121120-gimme-pancakes-design.jpg silly group shot
YOU CAN LOOK...SOOOO...COOOOOL...UHHH...

Christine will start taking pre-orders on Thursday, November 22, until midnight on Saturday, November 24, but she's running a promotion until midnight (PST) on Wednesday to give you a discount during the pre-order period (orders afterwards will be regular prices): The more "Likes" she gets on Facebook, the more she'll discount the prices. Goes a little something like this:

Here's Christine's handy price chart:

Product Price 10% off 20% off
T-Shirt $24.00 $21.60 $19.20
Girly T-Shirt $24.00 $21.60 $19.20
Toddler T-Shirt $18.00 $16.20 $14.40
Baby Onesie $18.00 $16.20 $14.40
Tote Bag $15.00 $13.50 $12.00

I'm pretty sure we can at least hit 100 likes. (I mean, if you actually like her site. I'd say you should, but I don't want your "like" to be full of liiieees if you're not into cute Japanese fabric and washi tape and such things. It's ok. [pat pat]) I don't think I have as much influence as Christine thinks I have, but we're not too far from 100 now, so...yeah. CAN YOU DO US A SOLID, INTERNET READERS?

20121121-round-things-final.jpg
UPDATE 11/21/12: Here's the latest version of Round Things, updated from the tote bag mock-up. The bag is on the light yellow side, so we're taking that color out and adding white.

I must admit that I kind of cheated with these first two designs. The Poofy Pancakes design is the exact same one I used back in 2006, and the Round Things design is a very cleaned-up version of a crappy drawing I also made in 2006. But without Christine's help, I would've never gotten this stuff off the ground, no matter how many times people asked me, "Hey can you make more pancake shirts?" to which I'd respond, "YeaahhuuhhhumIdunnoooo ohwhomIkiddingprobablynot manI'vegottastopbeingsolazybluh." (Man, I'm a jerk.)

So, thank you, Christine, for doing the dirty work!

We don't have any other products in mind at the moment, but we'll do more if this goes well. And I hope it does, because I want Christine to eat food and not go broke.

Thank you to everyone who helps us out (and has been helping us out on Twitter and Facebook)!

Tags: maigo

I will attest to the quality of the t-shirt. I wore my yellow one every other day for 5 years, then traveled back in time to relive the days of wearing the t-shirt, only on the opposite days I hadn't worn it the first time around. Well, needless to say, this caused a space-time rift and now I await the arrival of the original t-shirt, from the day I first received it, resurrecting on December 21, 2012.

Or in lieu of that, I'll just buy another one.

Posted by: John at November 21, 2012 5:13 PM [#]

also, good luck on the store! :)

Posted by: John at November 21, 2012 5:20 PM [#]

I love the poofy site. Resurrect it! Also, I liked the Maigo facebook page. Come on, 20%!

Posted by: Alyssa at November 21, 2012 6:38 PM [#]

John: Aww thanks! Glad to hear my shirt was a part of SPACE-TIME RIFT!!!

Alyssa: Thanks! Too bad we didn't get to 20%, but 10% ain't too bad!

Posted by: roboppy at November 24, 2012 9:55 PM [#]

Woo! I've preordered my tote, can't wait :) And good luck on the store!

Posted by: w. at November 25, 2012 7:52 AM [#]