I'm back from my awesome trip to Honolulu with Kathy! It'll take a while for me to blog it all—you can jump straight to the food porn by checking out my Flickr site—but to get things started, here's a little rundown of stuff that happened during the last week:
1. My site got hacked. So...most of you probably can't read this page at the time that I post it. Yeeeup. I've already cleaned out the spammy crap and asked Google to review my site again; now I'm just waiting for Google to take down the warning page. And then I'll try to ensure that that doesn't happen again.
2. My ol' Canon 20D died. :( Out of nowhere, the shutter went berserk, which doesn't seem to be an uncommon problem, although one that costs a few hundred dollars to repair. While I was looking to buy a less expensive camera, I ended up getting a new Canon 7D since that was the best choice (and the other camera I wanted wasn't available). And it feels super nice. Now I just have to make sure I don't smear fat and sugar all over it.
3. Kathy and I ate craploads of food. Like. A. Big. Fuggin. Crapload. You'd think that's sort of normal for us, but this trip took things to another level. You'll see.
4. Kathy and I spent a lot of time in the car listening to Top 40 radio, the result of which is that I'm sick of Jay-Z, B.O.B. Rhianna, and Lady Antebellum. Thanks for pounding their songs into my head, 96.3 FM. (I don't dislike all pop music, but there isn't a whole lot of it I want to listen to ten times a day. I do better with small doses.)
6. I saw more rainbows during my last day in Honolulu than I usually see in a whole year in New York.
7. I ate shave ice three times (ideally I would've eaten it more, but my stomach space was limited). Shave ice in Hawaii makes any shaved ice concoction in New York City look like a big ol' pile-o-frozen-crap. Someone here has to get their ice shaving act together.
8. I ate a bunch of different kinds of plate lunches and PLATE LUNCH IS THE BEST. OH GOD, why couldn't I have grown up in Hawaii? Rice scoop + meat pile = joy.
I owe a gazillion thanks to Kathy and her family for taking such good care of me over my vacation—mainly, feeding me well. My newest layer of fat is a result of TEAM EFFORT.
There's way, way, way more for me to talk about, but I'm going to stop because it's almost 3 a.m. and, as usual, I'm running on very little sleep. Real posts coming soon, hopefully.