November 19, 2008

Get Mitzy's Macarons This Weekend at the Brooklyn Flea Market

lil macaron babies
Macarons, yay!

Mitzy has been generously donating delicious macarons and other goodies to me and the Serious Eats office for the past few months as her "macaron taste testers." (Adam refers to her as our macaron dealer.) What a hard task she had given us. Oh yes.

Back in September when I wrote about why her macarons are the best in the city you couldn't actually buy them, but New Yorkers can finally get them this Sunday at the Brooklyn Flea Market! Mitzy (and helper Kathy) will be at the market, which runs from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., selling and giving out free samples. I plan on stopping by too. Support Mitzy; this city needs better macarons and she's one of the sweetest people you'll ever meet.

Address

Brooklyn Flea (at Bishop Loughlin Memorial High School)
357 Clermont Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11238

Tags: announcements, Brooklyn, macarons

Comments

I tried some while visiting the Serious Eats office, and now you can try them too. You really should!

Posted by: kaare at November 19, 2008 6:30 PM [#]

Oh why have I still not eaten a macaron yet???

Posted by: Christina at November 19, 2008 8:26 PM [#]

o gawd - that looks evil. i will keep this in mind when i go there next year for a business trip!

Posted by: ila at November 19, 2008 8:44 PM [#]

Macarons...one of the most deadly and delicious things ever! I could eat so many....just thinking about them makes me salivate. Um, gotta go...the bakery is calling!!

Posted by: wineguy at November 19, 2008 9:47 PM [#]

Kaare: I don't know why but your comment sounded so sweet and convincing. Heehee.

Christina: I DUNNO!!! CORRECT THAT, YOU MUST.

ila: Hopefully there will be more ways to get her macarons by then!

wineguy: Saliva = appropriate reaction.

Posted by: roboppy at November 20, 2008 12:51 AM [#]

That is one yummy photo...

*insert Homer Simpson drooling impression here*

Posted by: Jane H. at November 20, 2008 1:39 AM [#]

Yeah, your flea markets are way better than ours. Those macarons look awesome. I hope her business blossoms!

Posted by: Julie at November 20, 2008 9:52 AM [#]

mmmmm.....must...eat...your...pictures....

best macarons I ever had were from Lindt & Spruengli in central Zurich - good enough to smuggle small suitcases full like some kind of delicious confectionary contraband.

To best enjoy a good macaron, eat for dessert after a hamburger. That way, you get to pretend that you have grown into a giant between courses...

Posted by: The Inscrutable Chicken at November 20, 2008 9:59 AM [#]

Just by the look of these cookies I totally believe you. UFOs of yumminess! What does it take to be a macaron tester? I'd love to be abducted ;)

Posted by: G at November 20, 2008 12:18 PM [#]

those do look really good... mmm... how much are they going for?

Posted by: Danny at November 20, 2008 12:23 PM [#]

Jane: I make frequent use of the Homer Drool sound.

Julie: It's a yuppie flea market, yay!!

The Inscrutable Chicken: Zurich..HERE I COME!

G: Set up a blog and advertise that you've eaten way too many Pierre Herme macarons. Voila, you're hired.

Danny: I think they'll be $2.50, or around there. Sounds kind of high but in my knowledge of the macaron market, it's fairly priced. ;)

Posted by: roboppy at November 20, 2008 12:45 PM [#]

Robyn, thank you sooooo much for the shout out! I'll see you and everyone who are macaron lovers there. I hope all of you will enjoy my macarons as much as I enjoy making them :-)

Posted by: Mitzy at November 20, 2008 1:15 PM [#]

Those look sooooo good! At first glance, I thought they were some kind of sliders, but macarons are even better. I won't be able to get to Brooklyn Flea this weekend. Is Mitzy going to be a regular, so I can get my macaron fix?

Posted by: annulla at November 20, 2008 2:35 PM [#]

Robyn:

Have you seen this necklace yet? You needs to buyz it. You can haz manatee.

Posted by: penny at November 20, 2008 7:37 PM [#]

Robyn: hmm.. The G Who Ate Everything ;) Sounds familiar!

Posted by: G at November 21, 2008 1:13 AM [#]

annulla: I think Mitzy is planning to be a regular. We'll see how opening weekend goes!

penny: Another friend showed it to me but...I haven't bought it yet! I ought to. It's so frighteningly cute. Thanks for thinking of me. ;)

G: HAHAHA, good title. :)

Posted by: roboppy at November 21, 2008 1:22 AM [#]

Macarons at a Flea Market? Cool! wish we could get good Macarons in my town, if i want good ones i either have to go to London 4 hrs away or make them myself.

Posted by: Edd at November 21, 2008 4:41 PM [#]

Edd: Egad!...sounds like you gotta try and make em yourself. :)

Posted by: roboppy at November 22, 2008 1:20 AM [#]

I know its awful buts its not too bad because i can just about make an acceptable Macaron

Posted by: Edd at November 22, 2008 3:07 PM [#]

Edd: Those macarons look great!

Posted by: roboppy at November 24, 2008 1:19 AM [#]

I tried making macarons for Christmas gifts last year...and then I realized their one of those things that you should just buy. Like anything deep fried.

You can see my trials and errors here!

Posted by: foodyi at December 4, 2008 4:44 PM [#]

foodyi: Aw...well at least you tried! I agree, I'm better off buying em than making them myself.

Posted by: roboppy at December 4, 2008 11:09 PM [#]

I mentioned you and your macaron filled entries to a friend who had spent a year studying in France without ever trying one. Next time I saw her, she was a macaron addict and brought me my first ever taste of a macaron. What goes around comes around..? Ehn. Kinda.

Posted by: SuperChomp at December 7, 2008 11:09 AM [#]