Good lord, I hit three bakeries today (Something Sweet, Golden Fung Wong Bakery, and Lung Moon) buying four pastries in the process. GOD OH GOD WHY! Here's the food expenditure for the day:
- black and white cookie from Something Sweet: $1.25
- "everything" bagel from Ess-A-Bagel: $0.70
- 4 navel oranges from one of those Mott St markets: $1.00
- walnut honey cake from Lung Moon Bakery: $0.60
- 8 boiled vegetable dumplings from Tasty Dumpling: $2.00
- sesame cookie from Golden Fung Wong Bakery: $0.60
- chocolate cupcake from Golden Fung Wong Bakery: $0.75
This equates to $6.90 of TOO MUCH FOOD, ARR!! So what do I actually have in my kitchen right now? 3 navel oranges and 2 persimmons. See why I can't actually buy food? BECAUSE I EAT TOO MUCH!
My roommate baked a cake. I'm extremely glad that I wasn't in the dorm to witness that. I walked from my dorm to Ess-A-Bagel, the farthest point in my food itinerary. Supposing that it's about 2.5 miles away, I walked at least 5 miles today. Which is okay, but not good enough. Maybe I should go to Ess-A-Bagel EVERY DAY. Oh, and I'll actually try my bagel with something on it at some point but the bagels themselves are pretty filling. Bagels are delicious. I'll have to describe them more later.