February 6, 2012

Doodle: Ripe Bananas

Since I have a brain, I have thoughts. Mostly shallow thoughts. Not in the superficial sense, just...not deep.

Here's one of those thoughts. Been eating away at my brain. Just eatin'.

20120206bananacomic-1.jpg

20120206bananacomic-2.jpg

20120206bananacomic-3.jpg

20120206bananacomic-4.jpg

20120206bananacomic-5.jpg

I should've skipped the first four panels and gone straight to the banana-with-bulbous-butt-cheeks because, honestly, that's all I wanted to draw.

Tags: bananas, comics, doodles

Comments

Before bananas started making my throat itch and my heart race, I used to freeze them when they were ripe and add them to smoothies. They make a smoothie sweet and creamy, which is great when you're avoiding dairy.

Posted by: Jack Reynolds at February 7, 2012 3:15 AM [#]

HAHA! So awesome!!! I like the banana butt.

Posted by: esther at February 7, 2012 1:35 PM [#]

I <3 banana butt!

Posted by: Lysinewf at February 7, 2012 2:26 PM [#]

This is hilarious.

Posted by: Sabrina at February 7, 2012 2:40 PM [#]

i also feel oppressed by the speed of ripening bananas. but i started slicing them in half and frying the superripe ones in a lil' pat of butter until they're caramelized. it's a great late-night not 'i'm not eating sugar' snack. xo and good luck with your food allergies my dear.

Posted by: moobalu at February 7, 2012 5:07 PM [#]

Banana bread!!!!! I just leave the overripened ones in my fridge until I have the urge to bake, then make a couple loaves of banana bread. Eat one immediately, then freeze the extra =)

Posted by: Diana at February 7, 2012 9:20 PM [#]

Jack: Oh man, I hope bananas never give me throat itch/heart racing...:(

Esther: Thanks!

Lysinewf: Banana butt loves YOU!

Sabrina: Thanks! Butts where they don't belong = COMEDY GOLD.

moobalu Damn that sounds good. I must try that on my next farty naner!

Diana: Ah yes, banana bread is one of banana's greatest gifts!

Posted by: roboppy at February 8, 2012 1:31 AM [#]

This was funny. You should start a food related webcomic.

I've been freezing my bananas when they get a little brown so that I can turn them into smoothies or have a snack for a monkey if one ever ended up in my apartment.

Posted by: Marvo at February 8, 2012 2:49 AM [#]

I must have a banana everyday and the more ripe, the better. You might think I'm gross, but I eat the skin, too. :P

Love your adorable graphic arts. What do you use to draw them? :)

How do you pair your banana?

Posted by: kim at February 8, 2012 7:12 PM [#]

I leave a few out and put the rest in the refrigerator in a plastic bag. It slows the ripening and as long as it's in a plastic bag and the refrigerator isn't too cold, they won't turn black.

Posted by: bionicgrrrl at February 9, 2012 4:25 PM [#]

Robyn, banana farts are hilarious (the image of it even more so), but before the bananas get more tan than Snooki, dip the last two in chocolate and roll them in peanuts/walnuts/almonds/whatever and freeze them! By the time Friday rolls around, you'll want a treat for all your hard work... and you'll have a sweet, potassium-filled, half-healthy, non-farting frozen banana ready! =]

Posted by: Michael / S.O.F.A.T. Blog at February 9, 2012 6:09 PM [#]

Marvo: Thanks! I'm not sure other comics in this series would be as fun. I can't draw butts on everything... :(

...OR CAN I?

That's nice of you to think about the monkeys.

kim: I've never eaten banana skin before! I guess..I can't knock it until I try it. (Not that I'm itching to try it, hehe.)

I draw with a Wacom Intuos4 tablet in Photoshop. WAY more sophisticated tools than I need. I'm still not that good with the tablet even though I've had it for quite a while. Then again, I'm not great with a pen and paper. I like how easy it is to color stuff on the computer, but I have a hard time with the...drawing part.

Pair my banana? How do you mean? Like eating it with something else? I always eat em by themselves.

bionicgrrrl: I didn't know that tip, thanks!

Michael: Oo, that sounds like a lovely idea, thanks! :) WHO'S THE MASTER NOW, FARTING BANANA? Yeaaah.

Posted by: roboppy at February 9, 2012 11:40 PM [#]

Squeeeeeee!!! Banana bums!!

Posted by: KatyBelle at February 11, 2012 10:09 PM [#]

SQUEEEEEEE.

but yea, we do the same thing. nobody touches them after they get a little spotty. so into the blender they go!

Posted by: ila at February 12, 2012 4:49 PM [#]

KatyBelle: :D Banana bums, always eliciting the squees.

ila: More squee! Banana is so happy! Until he goes into the blender.

Posted by: roboppy at February 12, 2012 5:03 PM [#]

HAHAHA! LOVE your banana doodles! Banana doodles should be the name of a breakfast cereal perhaps…hmm….

Posted by: haley at February 22, 2012 9:52 PM [#]

Damn I love your doodles.

This is going to sound really disgusting, but I LOVE farty overripe spotty bananas. I wait for them to get to that super sweet mushy state. I'm the rotten banana savior at home. Wonder if people would pay me to get rid of their mushy bananas...

...and after this confession, no one will take me seriously as a food blogger EVER. ;)

Posted by: I Live in a Frying Pan at February 28, 2012 2:09 AM [#]

...oh no way! I just found a fellow rotten banana eater, who's taken it a notch higher with the skin! @kim - HIGH FIVE!

Going to check out the Wacom Intuos4 tablet...love doodling too, but my untech MS Paint drawings really suck. SO 1990's.

Posted by: I Live in a Frying Pan at February 28, 2012 2:11 AM [#]

haley: Thanks! And yes, that sounds like an appropriate cereal name. Mm, big ol' bowl of banana doodles.

I Live in a Frying Pan: You ought to set up a desk right next to mine so I can pass off my farty bananas to you. Also, so you can bathe in a cloud of banana farts.

Posted by: roboppy at March 1, 2012 2:53 AM [#]

My grocery store always has bananas in varying stages of ripeness. I just buy three that are mostly yellow and four that are totally green (you can break up bunches, the grocery police can't do nuthin'). That way, I always have a perfect all-yellow-with-no-brown banana for breakfast.

Posted by: Brie at March 15, 2012 6:19 PM [#]

» 05/29/16: This Taiwanese food-themed deck of playing cards is my favorite souvenir from Taiwan (plus here's a map and list of the foods in the deck)

» 04/18/16: Over 50 places I'd want to eat, shop, and visit while on vacation in Taipei

» 03/26/16: My 12 favorite places to eat in Shida Night Market (plus 12 honorable mentions)

» 02/20/16: Houtong Cat Village: Of course Taiwan has a village full of cats

» 02/05/16: Favorite Taipei Things: Late night bike riding along Xindian River (plus midnight breakfast)

» 01/24/16: My 15 favorite cafes near Shida (and a bit of Taida) in Taipei

» 12/11/15: You should make Dominique Ansel's banana bread, plus these other recipes

» 12/09/15: How to watch Star Wars, plus JEDI DANCE FIGHT

» 11/18/15: I got married! And I moved to Norway!

» 08/18/15: My 80-something favorite places to eat in New York City