May 18, 2011

I Won a 'Best Food Blog' Award from Saveur!

A winner is me!

What I learned yesterday:

1. You don't listen to me.
  2. Reverse psychology works.

Because how else did I win an award for "Best Restaurant/Dining Coverage" in the 2011 SAVEUR Best Food Blog Awards? Especially since I was all like, "Don't vote for me, guys."

Thank you for disobeying my commands and voting for my blog; it means a lot to me. ;) I didn't mean to pull the ol' reserve psychology trick though; I am not that crafty. And I certainly didn't expect to win. Your support blows my mind, guys. The impact is so strong that it has turned my brain into jelly. Jelleeeuhhfmmgfflggulgspootlepip

Ok my brain has reformed itself. And I've sort of rewarded you with a new post I put up about an hour ago! Alas, it has little to do with the category I won in, but it features numerous photos of a cute puppy, so...so...you will like it, maybe!

Thank you all again! You've all rightfully earned an (optional) giant plush manatee hug.

Tags: announcements

Comments

Well, I listened to you and didn't vote, but not because I didn't want you to win. I have an excellent track record of not voting and having those who I want to win win. So by not voting for you, I increased your chances of winning.

Congratulations!

Posted by: Marvo at May 18, 2011 4:12 AM [#]

OH MY GOD, congratulations! My pesky (but lovable) little sister is growing up - I'm so happy for you.

Posted by: Susan in HK at May 18, 2011 4:58 AM [#]

It was a much deserved win! Your blog is my favourite out of all the nominees!

Congratulations again!

Posted by: Su-Lin at May 18, 2011 6:41 AM [#]

Yay! ^_^ Congratulations, you totally earned that win!

Posted by: Jenneke at May 18, 2011 8:46 AM [#]

After signing up, spent a whole lot of time perusing all the category's nominees. So many!

I only voted in one category ;)

Posted by: eatyourheartout at May 18, 2011 8:56 AM [#]

Congratulations again! You totally deserve it :)

Posted by: serena at May 18, 2011 9:37 AM [#]

WHOA CONGRATS ROBYN!!! [HIGH FIVE!] It's about damn time! Haha! Keep up the awesome writings!

Posted by: Gordon at May 18, 2011 10:35 AM [#]

Congrats! I totally voted for you, even though you said not to. Your photos and awesome posts pretty much guided my last trip to NYC.

Posted by: Aubrey at May 18, 2011 11:32 AM [#]

You are funny. Congrats!

Posted by: Belinda @zomppa at May 18, 2011 11:45 AM [#]

That's fab! See? Everyone loves you! :) Just keep on eating for us, ok? :)

Posted by: kim at May 18, 2011 4:52 PM [#]

while I did not vote for you, asdf{#insert_integer_here}@mailinator.com might've voted for you several times.

Congrats yo. Reverse psychology always works. NO ONE LIKES BEING TOLD WHAT TO DO.

Posted by: Nicholas at May 18, 2011 9:26 PM [#]

Congrats! I knew you would get onto that list...hope all is well!

Posted by: Terry at May 18, 2011 10:15 PM [#]

After you said not to vote for you, I immediately went to the website and voted for you. Humility wins again! :)

Posted by: Angela at May 18, 2011 11:34 PM [#]

Heehee. Congrats! And yay for rebellious readers.

Posted by: janet at May 18, 2011 11:44 PM [#]

Marvo: Thank you for the luck your non-voting brought me! YOU ARE THE KEY TO MY SUCCESS!

Susan: Hehe, thanks! Maybe I am a real woman now!...or...nah not really.

Su-Lin, Jenneke, Serena, Gordon, Belinda, Terry: Thanks you!

eatyourheartout: Hehe, thanks! There are so many blogs to look at...I only voted in a handful of categories where I recognized the nominees. ;_;

Aubrey: Thanks! So glad I could help. I keep meaning to make a one-post guide to NYC, but...time..fail..

Kim: Thanks! I SHALL EAT!

Nicholas: SOOOO SLIICK you are. Hehehe. Thanks for your support. :)

Angela: Thanks! Some call it humility; I call it severe lack of self esteem. WEEE!!

Janet: Thanks! Look at all these rebels. The sweetest rebels!

Posted by: roboppy at May 19, 2011 1:34 AM [#]

Yay! Congratulations! I am so happy for you. I love your blog because reading it makes me smile. :D

Posted by: Reid at May 20, 2011 5:28 AM [#]

Congratulations! I always love reading your blog and, of course, the photos are always impeccable. Keep on keepin' on!

Posted by: Marie at May 20, 2011 9:51 PM [#]

Congrats!

Posted by: Matt Kim at May 21, 2011 12:05 AM [#]

Congratulations! You deserved it.

Posted by: Erbe @ Organic Food Experience at May 21, 2011 7:34 AM [#]

Whoohoo! Yay for Robyn! You totally deserve it for all your fun and crazy fooding.

Posted by: Jason Chen at May 21, 2011 3:55 PM [#]

Congrats, Robyn!

Posted by: Reese Darragh at May 21, 2011 10:57 PM [#]

Reid, Marie, Matt, Erbe, Jason, Reese: Thanks, y'all!

Posted by: roboppy at May 22, 2011 12:16 AM [#]

YEA! Go Robin!

Posted by: Rosebud at May 22, 2011 4:47 PM [#]

Congrats, you deserve it! On one note, I've always wanted to ask you--why do you say 'innards'? I find it quite annoying to be honest....

Posted by: Day at May 23, 2011 8:04 AM [#]

Rosebud: Thanks!

Day: Thanks! As for "innards" I can't say I have any explanation for why I say it besides...it's like other words I use a lot: I like it. I'm not sure how long I've been using it. I suppose if enough people told me they didn't like it, I'd stop.

Posted by: roboppy at May 23, 2011 9:44 AM [#]

even though you feel you didn't deserve this...you should totally just let that inner giddy burst and spill out all over.

i've been reading your blog, plus your entries at serious eats, and i love it. your rants plus the occasional coherent lines make for a great read. Congrats!!!

Posted by: Maylen at May 24, 2011 3:11 PM [#]

but YOU'RE the girl who ate everything!!! DX

Posted by: aimbones at May 24, 2011 10:11 PM [#]

Maylen: Thanks for reading! Letting my inner giddy burst out sounds a bit messy, but maybe it'll burst out in...mmm..candy!..in which case that's ok.

aimbones: Ah yeah...that blog has been around for a while, but mine's older. It's a shame we have the same blog name. :[ At least our food topics are totally different!

Posted by: roboppy at May 25, 2011 3:15 AM [#]

Hi Robin!

1) I didn't vote for you.
2) I'm glad you won!!!!

Congrats!

ps, don't stop saying "innards" I like it.

Posted by: Janet at May 25, 2011 9:58 PM [#]

I work in the Saveur office and I didn't even know this. Congrats!! You so deserve it!

Posted by: Claire at June 24, 2011 11:00 PM [#]

Janet: AHH I bring a BELATED THANKS! Also, INNARDS INNARDS INNARDS.

Claire: You mean there isn't a poster in every hallway of your office that says (in super bold font) "ROBYN WON THIS AWARD!!!"?...cos that makes total sense. Thank you!

Posted by: roboppy at June 29, 2011 1:25 AM [#]

» 05/29/16: This Taiwanese food-themed deck of playing cards is my favorite souvenir from Taiwan (plus here's a map and list of the foods in the deck)

» 04/18/16: Over 50 places I'd want to eat, shop, and visit while on vacation in Taipei

» 03/26/16: My 12 favorite places to eat in Shida Night Market (plus 12 honorable mentions)

» 02/20/16: Houtong Cat Village: Of course Taiwan has a village full of cats

» 02/05/16: Favorite Taipei Things: Late night bike riding along Xindian River (plus midnight breakfast)

» 01/24/16: My 15 favorite cafes near Shida (and a bit of Taida) in Taipei

» 12/11/15: You should make Dominique Ansel's banana bread, plus these other recipes

» 12/09/15: How to watch Star Wars, plus JEDI DANCE FIGHT

» 11/18/15: I got married! And I moved to Norway!

» 08/18/15: My 80-something favorite places to eat in New York City