My lapse in blogging is the fault of a weekend full of Alex, Jerome (a plush toy), Giant Manatee (also a plush toy), loud music, shouting over loud music, seeing many friends I haven't seen in a long time, and ice cream.
But you'll hear about that later. After I'm done editing all the photos.
First off, this lil' food blog nugget/shard/scrap was mentioned in last week's South China Morning Post (thanks to Verena for the heads up). The shizzzz! That'll look good on my resumé, right? You can read the article here, or, more easily, by reading it on my Flickr (thanks to Charlotte for the photos). According to Susan Jung, I am pesky and lovable. That can go on a resumé too.
Last month was low on blog posts. :( I'm disappointed with myself. You should be too. With me, not yourself. I blame this partly on trying to cram four seasons of House into two months to catch up with the current season. I succeeded, learning in the process that being addicted to TV shows is incredibly time consuming. I also blame the low blog post count on eating out a lot (yeah, still doing that) and working in a way where the same amount of work takes longer now than it did before. I think that's called "being inefficient" due to "brain cell depletion."
But I still write at least one weekly review on Serious Eats: New York. While I know some of you read Serious Eats, I figure there are more of you who don't. As much as I'd love to believe that once I write something on Serious Eats I'll still feel compelled to write about it for TGWAE in a more relaxed tone laced with more colorful language, like "poop," I'm generally too lazy to do it. Here are about two months of entries for those who don't want to sift through Serious Eats: New York (even though you should be reading it if you live in New York City!):
- Sugar Rush: Warm Date Cake from Moto
- Dim Sum Favorites at Jing Fong in Chinatown
- Sugar Rush: Mango Special Shaved Ice at the Flushing Mall
- Dinosaur Bar-B-Q in Harlem (Yes, We Take Requests)
- Sugar Rush: Fairway Cafe's Hot Fudge Sundae
- Dram Shop, Because Fried Mac and Cheese and Hamburgers Does a Body Good
- Sugar Rush: Vegan Strawberry Vanilla Mousse Cake from Penny Licks
- Recette is a First Class Private Dining Experience in East Harlem
- Vegetarian Dim Sum House in Chinatown Can Be Enjoyed by All
- Sugar Rush: Apple Cider Doughnuts from Windsor Terrace Greenmarket
- Spinach Dumplings at No. 1 East Restaurant
Not including No. 1 East Restaurant on my best vegetarian eateries list was kind of dumb. I should revisit that.