Update (6/6): Holy crap, you guys are awesome (and well traveled). Thanks for all your recommendations and advice! I don't mean to be a lazy bum, but instead of coming up with another, better-sounding reason I'll just say that I really am too lazy to reply to each comment individually as I usually do. And you know that I do like to acknowledge all my readers, because without you this site would kinda suck! (HAI U GUYZ!) I'll give a collective THANK YOU for now and crawl into my bed in a moment for a not-so-good night's sleep.
I thought I should inform you that Diana and I decided that we are most definitely nooot going to Barcelona this summer, but will hopefully go...later. Yes. There is a plan in the works to go to Italy in September to romp around the Land of Gelato (and by that I mean Italy) with our favorite weegie. I'll let you know when that's confirmed. ;)
This is another one of those random entries where I don't actually talk about food. Sorry. So for the 99% of who you don't care, I hope you come back soon. For the other < 1% who found the title interesting (or are just very bored) maybe you can help me.
Diana and I considered going to Barcelona during the last full week of July because neither of us had been there before and we both wanted to go. Obviously. Also, we would be able to meet up with the fabulous ADELYN who is currently skipping around Europe and getting trapped in elevators in the process.
Unfortunately, Diana and I have kind of hit this wall of "OMG EXPENSIVE", in that this trip will probably cost a buttload and a half plus since we don't actually know anywhere there who we can bum a couch off of and we are more comfortable staying in a hotel than a hostel. While we could say, "Screw it!" and spend the money, it would be kind of reckless. I don't know if I can blow a few thousand dollars at the moment. (Er, probably not.) Still thinking about it.
My question is, do I have any readers in the Barcelona area? Or does anyone have tips to give us for the future? Now that we've talked about it, we're pretty sure we'd like to go...eventually, whether that's later this year or next year. May as well start planning now.
Thanks for your help!